jeudi 4 juin 2020

AMERICAN VIOLENCE ...


AMERICAN VIOLENCE ... 
By Bernard Bujold -
American violence does not date from spring 2020! 
Personally, I experienced my first contacts with American violence in the late 1970s when I started in journalism, in the Gaspé Peninsula, at the local television station in Carleton-sur-Mer (CHAU-TV). 
Bold and young, I set out to spend a week of vacation in New York, a question of seeing the country... 
My boss went there often and he had given me advice including the most important according to him: "Do not stop in Harlem, not even at red light. If you stop, they will loot your car, from hubcaps to the wipers! You can't avoid crossing Harlem if you want to go to Manhattan! So the secret: don't stop ..." he repeated to me twice. 
The violence in New York decreased with Ed Koch mayor from 1978 to 1989, then the real turning point from 1994 to 2001 with mayor Rudolph Giuliani but, in 1976, it was terror... 
I survived my weekend but I never forgot, and in June 2020, the events currently taking place in New York remind me of the time of my youth trip! 
Conclusion: The more time passes, the more it is the same!
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire