vendredi 15 janvier 2016

RENÉ ANGÉLIL (1942-2016)


By Bernard Bujold (LeStudio1) - 
Two days before his 74th birthday (January 16) the creator and manager of the Quebec singer Céline Dion, René Angélil, died January 14, 2016 in Los Angeles. 
A page of history that turns and ends... 
Personally, if I photographed a dozen times René Angélil and Céline Dion, we do not really know each other. The reason is that my former boss at Quebecor, Pierre Péladeau (father) did not like him even if both men started in the same profession as Péladeau began his career as artist manager and opera concerts organizer. A gig with an Italian singer went wrong financially and Pierre Péladeau had decided to embark on the printing business but with the hope of one day returning to his true love. This never occurred because Péladeau became a media mogul. But he always loved artists. 
I think he was jealous of the success of René Angélil although the reason is perhaps the friendship between Rene and Guy Cloutier. Indeed, Péladeau said that Cloutier owed him money following advances on the production of a music album by Quebecor that would not have covered his expenses... Cloutier disputed this argument and he never wanted repay. 
Anyway, I have always greatly admired Rene Angélil and I have always considered him as the greatest of all artist managers. 
I am very saddened by his death and my pain goes beyond its mere death. For me it is a page of the story of my life that also ends. René Angélil was part of my generation and his departure means in a way the end of this generation. 
Of course,  some would say: "Such is life..."
Photos 1 and 6: René Angélil;
Photo 2, 3, 4 and 5: René Angélil and Celine Dion;
SEE PHOTO ALBUM:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire