dimanche 27 mai 2018

THE MONTREAL MUSEUMS DAY 2018


THE MONTREAL MUSEUMS DAY 2018- 
By Bernard Bujold- 
Some 30 museums in Montreal received visitors for free on Sunday, May 27, 2018. 
However, major museums such as the Museum of Fine Arts or Pointe-à-Callière did not include in the visit their temporary exhibition which meant that neither Picasso nor the Queens of Egypt were accessible to the public for free... 
A disappointment that according to the guides is attributable to the lack of subsidies from governments... 
Personally I loved the McCord Museum's "SHALOM MONTRÉAL" exhibit about Montreal's Jewish community. 
I also made an interesting discovery by visiting the McGill University Museum (Redpath Museum). In fact, the founder of the University, James McGill, was physically like Donald Trump... 
If I have a second disappointment, it is that of the "cat" at the exhibition on Egypt. Indeed, in the catalog, the black cat cover a full page while in reality, it is a tiny cat barely two inches. It is so tiny that I had to go back to see it because I did not notice it during my first visit! 
SEE PHOTO ALBUM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire