mercredi 26 septembre 2018

THE NEW BIRKS - September 2018





BIRKS AND THE BEAUTIFUL ERA... 
By Bernard Bujold -
The Birks store in downtown Montreal was closed for several months to turn it into a luxury hotel with a Birks shop at the entrance. 
Every time I walk past the Birks large door, I have some sadness to the soul because for me Birks was the lighthouse of downtown Montreal! My first visit to the store was in 1978, 40 years ago on my first trip to Montreal. It was the beautiful time... 
The new Birks store will now be mostly a hotel with a small store offering mainly luxury watches... The product offering is very similar to one of another of my favorite stores, CHÂTEAU D'IVOIRE, also under renovation to enlarge! 
I'm going to miss old Birks! 
Conclusion: "Only memories are eternal and for the rest, nothing is immortal!" 
SEE PHOTOS NEW STORE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire