mardi 18 janvier 2011

The discovery of author Louise Penny




The creator of LeStudio1.com Bernard Bujold, discovered the author of thriller Louise Penny by chance at the suggestion of a friend press secretary.
"Initially, I did not really want to read her book because I lack time for reading and, in polar, I'm a fan of Kathy Reichs (Bones). Moreover, I had just finished the third volume of the trilogy by Stieg Larsson and I liked it so much that I did not want to break my pleasure with a writer that I didn't know. I accepted anyway, and I was surprised by the pace and writing style of Louise Penny. I first read in French "EN PLEIN COEUR" and next in English" BURRY YOUR DEAD "and I just finished the book that is coming out in bookstores now: "SOUS LA GLACE"
According to me, Louise Penny is the author of choice to discover and her talent is equal to the one of Reichs and Larsson. Her characters are captivating and one wonders where the author has found such an inspiration. One could only wishes now that Louise Penny find herself a television producer to bring to the screen Inspector Armand Gamache. A series that would be worthy of NCIS, Bones or Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck.
In the meantime, we must take advantage of her books ...
P.S. I forgot! Louise Penny will be at my favorite bookstore for a signing session this Friday, January 21 in Montreal (Indigo on Ste-Catherine at 1 pm ).
Photo 1: Cover of book SOUS LA GLACE;
Photo 2 and 3: Louise Penny
See website of Louise Penny;
See photo essay Louise Penny Salon du livre de Montréal - LeStudio1.com;
View Personality of the Year 2010 - LeStudio1.com;

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire