vendredi 22 février 2019

THE BEAUTIFUL STORIES OF "LES PAYS D'EN HAUT"


THE BEAUTIFUL STORIES OF "LES PAYS D'EN HAUT"
By Bernard Bujold - 
I am a fan of Radio Canada's TV series "Les pays d'en haut", the modern version.  
As Josée Blanchette wrote in her Le Devoir column on Friday, February 22, 2019, the series also reminds me of the reality of my childhood told in my case, not by my grandfather, but by my father who was a lumberjacks. 
The sets of the TV series are also not far from the scenery of my childhood in my native Gaspésie (Baie des Chaleurs), late 50s and early 60. A time when in the rural campaign, the lack of resources incited invention and where three peoples rubbed shoulders: the French-born French Quebecers, the English and the Indians (in Gaspésie it was Maria's reserve). 
We were very far, in the countryside, from the multiculturalism that we know today throughout Quebec, including Gaspésie. 
Was it the beautiful era? Hard to say, but it was "the time" and it was my childhood, which was for me one of the most beautiful moments of my life, because I thought I could change the world with all the romanticism of childhood . It's also a bit like the same romanticism displayed by the characters in the TV series. 
But the romanticism becomes, as we get older, old history and beautiful for television series... 
SEE COLUMN  JOSÉE BLANCHETTE 
SEE WEBSITE LES PAYS D'EN HAUT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire